If you’re trying to grow your company and you’re not growing fast enough, work out how much time people are spending on new business sales, on actually managing customer success. Because that’s normally the sticking point.
It’s really hard to generate new business and it requires a different skill set to managing customer success and developing long term, strategic sales.
The Melting Pot podcast covers these issues with Steve Schrier, author of Build your Sales Tribe. Presenter Dominic Monkhouse delves deep into the challenges managers and CEO’s have with the structure of sales today.
Main insights are:
- Build your sales tribe
- Developing B2B sales
- The need for customer success
- 3 different types of salespeople
- The lack of sales management training
- Managing customer success
- The issue with commission
Listen to Dominic and Steve here
The Melting Pot is about a synergy of ideas and bringing REAL business knowledge to you. Award winning author and entreuprenur Dominic Monkhouse chats and laughs with; best-selling authors, innovators, and top tech entrepreneurs. Exploring proven business strategies, outstanding cultures, and advice to keep you inspired.
This post is supports advice in Build Your Sales Tribe – Sales in the Information Age Book. If you own the book, thanks for visiting. If you don’t own the book, find out more here: www.salestribe.co.uk
Books recommended to read from the podcast
Keep inline with the latest thinking in successful selling
Latest posts in Managing Customer Success
- How to build an effective commercial sales team LIVE with Steve Schrier
- Metrics: What Should be Measured
- Legal Agreement Basics
- Why Skills are More Important Than Talent
- BOLDLY GO WHERE OTHERS DON’T
- Energy in Selling
- Sell What You Can Deliver
- Treat People as Human
- Making Sense of the Information
- Being Experts